Back Pack Buddies
Back Pack Buddies is a ministry that several Estacada area churches participate in. It provides weekend meals to students who have limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods. Back Pack Buddies targets kids who access free & reduced-price lunches at school. Children are identified as “in need” by school guidance counselors and administrators. Back Pack Buddies serves over 50 children in Estacada area schools. Each Friday we send the child home with meals for the weekend. You can donate either food (see list below) or finacially. Please drop your donations off at Estacada First Baptist Church (Monday-Friday 9 am to 3 pm).
List of food:
· granola bars
· fruit cups (no sugar added)
· goldfish crackers (single servings)
· handi-snacks (single servings)
· small boxes of raisins
· juice boxes (100% juice)
· applesauce cups (no sugar added)
· trail mix in pouches
· nuts in pouches
· cans of hearty soup or chili
· fruit snacks or fruit leather
· macaroni & cheese (single servings)
· canned Pulled Pork or Chicken
· gallon Ziploc freezer bags
To provide food-insecure students of the Estacada School District with healthy meals by partnering with the community through awareness, education, and engagement.
Back Pack Buddies, providing nutritious food to kids in our community. Because NO child should go hungry.
Click here to download our brochure with the food list.