Latest Update 3.24.2020
“that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory,
to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man,”
We spent some time this last Sunday looking at this amazing statement (above). We always need to be strengthened with power
by the Holy Spirit yet right now I seem to be uniquely aware of my need and my weakness and even my fragility. I am more aware at this time how dependent I am on the routines, structures, systems and people that support me. There is something wonderful that happens when all of these “props” are taken out and we recognize our dependence on God. I look forward to getting on the other side of this “virus crisis” yet I hope I don’t get on the other side of this awareness of my dependence on God.
With you from a distance
READ ON FOR UPDATES
SUNDAY LIVE STREAM
– It was great to have 125 devices connected to participate in our Sunday morning gathering. . You can go to http://www.youtube.com/c/EstacadaFirstBaptist
Subscribe and Click the Notification Bell to get notified when we go live. We will continue to LIVE STREAM our Sunday gathering until further notice.
WEDNESDAY LIVE STREAM
– Beginning this Wednesday at 6:30 PM we will be LIVE STREAMING something for our AWANA kids and families. Commander Ed will give some incentives and helps to keep the AWANA kids moving ahead in their books. There will be a time to SING A LONG with the AWANA songs. Joni Ahrens will be teaching a lesson for the kids as well. PARENTS gather around with your kids and enjoy it with them.
MY HEART CHRIST’S HOME
– Pastor Brent mentioned Christ’s desire to ABIDE IN US….to “dwell” in our hearts by faith. He mentioned a short read that vividly illustrates this process. Click
to download the attachment. This is a great story for children.
NOTHING NEW UNDER THE SUN -
The words below were written by the great reformer, Martin Luther, in 1527 when his world was struggling to survive the Black Death plague. Great advise even now…
“Therefore, I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine, and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance infect and pollute others, and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, he will surely find me, and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me, however, I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely, as stated above. See, this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.”
Let’s all continue to be generous givers so that we can continue to generously give to our community . You can give online at https://efbc.breezechms.com/give/online
. The elders are doing what they can to reduce the EFBC regular expenses.
PARENTS OF TEENAGERS
– Are your teens anxious about this “virus crisis” or are they just enjoying the change of pace? Check out this link from Axis. Preview it first and it might be something to watch with your teens as you disciple them through this time. https://axis.org/free-anxiety-ck-confirmation?submissionGuid=f1d5d385-6c9b-49f9-a8c6-1447a8019f76
. Thanks to all of you who have provided donations and brought food for BPB. Jane (our BPB director) says ….”We can still use chili, Mac and cheese, and canned meats. We are good on all the other items for a month.” THANK YOU.
The office is now closed: Please email us at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 503-630-5325
To contact the staff directly:
– email your prayer requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will get those prayer requests to all of the elders or to the Holy Huddle as you desire.
· Our Wednesday night FSF events are cancelled
until further notice. This includes the meal, AWANA, Adult class, EPIC middle school group.
· Our Sunday night EPIC high school group
will NOT MEET until further notice
· Our other weekly Bible studies and Life groups will continue
at the discretion of the group leaders.
· Be responsible to stay as healthy as you can. Like your mom always told you…”wash your hands”
· Please be aware of the needs
of those around you in your neighborhood. It is in times like this that we can make a huge gospel impact as we serve those around us and speak the gospel into their fear. If there are needs that should be communicated to the church elders you can contact any of them or call the church office 503 630 5325.
· We will strive to keep the EFBC website and APP up to date with any changes. estacadafbc.org
· The EFBC elders will be meeting regularly to access next steps.
. What a great time to pray for 30 minutes for the next 30 days(see the attachment) ….seems quite timely to me. Let me know if you want to join in this challenge. During this time, we might not MEET TOGETHER regularly…but we can AGREE TOGETHER regularly through prayer.
Use the wisdom from Proverbs 14:15 to guide you. “A simple man believes anything, but a prudent man gives thought to his steps.”
Don’t panic ….but be prudent and prayerful during this time.